Crowded teeth, also known as malocclusion, is a condition that occurs when there is an insufficient amount of space in the mouth for teeth to fit correctly. Crowded teeth can lead to tooth decay, gum disease, pain, discomfort, difficulty chewing and ineffective teeth function. Dr. Jacquie Smiles specializes in correcting crowded teeth for her NYC patients with Invisalign clear braces treatment. If you have crowded teeth, continue reading to find out how Invisalign may correct this condition.
What causes crowded teeth?
- Genetics – The size of the jaw and teeth are inherited from ancestors. NYC patient’s that have crooked teeth will often report their parents, grandparents and siblings have the same problem. Sometimes genetics are so powerful, the placement of crowded teeth is often similar or exact compared to their family members.
- Injury – Damage caused by injury to the teeth or jaw can cause teeth to grow in crooked or shift into misalignment. Children that fall and severe damage their teeth often experience crooked teeth in the same area the injury happened.
- Timing – The timing of tooth growth can cause large teeth to take up too much space and force others to grow in crooked. Also, the condition of baby teeth can cause adult teeth to have the same issues such as tooth decay.
Watch How crowded teeth are corrected with Invisalign clear braces
View the animation video below on how you can transform your smile with Invisalign treatment for crowded teeth with invisible clear braces.
What kind of dental problems do crowded teeth cause?
Crowded or crooked teeth can be challenging to keep clean. The following dental issues can arise due to overcrowded teeth.
- Low self-esteem
- Gum disease
- Bleeding gums
- Tooth decay
- Plaque and tartar build-up
- Difficulty speaking
- Difficulty chewing
- Jaw pain
Schedule your no-obligation crowded teeth treatment consultation in NYC today
by calling 212-972-3522 or fill out the contact form to receive additional information.
Save up to $1,000 on Invisalign orthodontic treatment to correct crowded teeth.
We accept insurance, financing HSA, and FSA.
Treatment Options for Crowded Teeth
Invisalign is a custom-made treatment that is an excellent option for correcting crowded teeth. The treatment involves using invisible clear aligners to shift teeth into alignment to create a straight smile gradually. The removable aligners are comfortable, easy to use and have numerous benefits for users.
Benefits of Invisalign Treatment for Crowded Teeth
The following list shows the common benefits of using Invisalign treatment for crowded teeth.
- Improved self-esteem
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
Tips for Treating Crowded Teeth with Invisalign
- Follow instructions – Invisalign treatment is custom made to address the individual patient’s needs. Always follow the instructions given to you to assure your treatment program flows appropriately.
- Keep aligners clean – The aligners need to be removed before every meal, snack, and beverage. Always brush and floss your teeth after every meal plus always clean your aligners. Neglecting to brush your teeth can cause food particles to become trapped between your teeth and the aligner which leads to bacteria and tartar buildup.
- Don’t damage the aligners – The comfortable, clear aligners are specifically designed to adjust your teeth into proper placement. Damaging the aligners by chewing on them can cause it to become out of shape and delay your treatment progress.
Do you have issues due to your crowded teeth? You can have a beautiful straight smile. Contact us today to get started!
Schedule a consultation for your crowded teeth
Please contact Dr. Jacquie Smiles today to learn more orthodontic treatments to correct crowded teeth with Invisalign clear braces and invisible aligners by calling 212-972-3522 or filling out the contact form to receive additional information. Our office is conveniently located near 30 East 40th Street Park Avenue, New York, NY 10016.