The first thing people notice is your smile—not your eyes or face. In fact, statistics show that 94% of people say the first thing they notice about a person is their smile. With that being said, it can be frustrating to have misaligned, or out of place, teeth. If your teeth are not straight there are a few solutions, including Invisalign or traditional metal braces. Although they both accomplish the same thing – straight teeth – Invisalign does have its advantages. Katherine Heigl opted for Invisalign aligners, and look at the beautiful results she achieved! Read on for five reasons why Invisalign is the best choice to straighten your teeth:
- Out of sight, out of mind. The greatest benefit of using Invisalign to straighten your teeth is that it’s practically invisible. You can enjoy your daily activities without anyone knowing that you are wearing Invisalign aligners. Conversely, braces are visible and obvious to anyone you interact with. If you’re in a profession where keeping appearances is important, Invisalign is an excellent solution. After all, it has been proven that a person’s smile can adversely affect their job opportunity scope. With Invisalign, you can straighten your teeth and no one will have to know!
- Good oral hygiene is part of a healthy smile. Since your customized Invisalign aligners are removable, you don’t have to worry about food getting caught. This makes it easier to practice good oral hygiene. With traditional braces, it can be difficult to brush and floss your teeth. Also, food is more likely to get caught around the wires and brackets, which can lead to a more tedious tooth cleaning routine. Invisalign is very desirable because you don’t have to make a drastic change to your oral hygiene routine as you do for braces.
- Comfort comes first. Invisalign is customized to your teeth, making it a perfect fit for you. Additionally, it’s made out of a smooth plastic material that is very comfortable against your gums and teeth. Since you’re given multiple trays, to adapt to the gradual movement of your teeth, there is minimal discomfort. With each tray, Invisalign causes very small movements. You won’t have to worry about cuts on your gums, cheeks, or tongue like with braces.
- Eat what you want, within reason. The best part about Invisalign is you can continue to eat all of the foods you love. Traditional metal braces are not as accommodative as Invisalign. With braces, there are many foods that you should avoid because of the wires and brackets. With Invisalign you can enjoy eating all of your favorite foods, which are healthy for your teeth of course!
- Treat various orthodontic issues. One of the most important aspects of Invisalign is its ability to treat a wide array of orthodontic problems, including crowding, spacing, cross bite, overbite, and under bite. Not to mention, you can remove your Invisalign aligners at any time. Go ahead and try that with braces!
Although the results appear the same on the surface – straight teeth – Invisalign does offer multiple benefits. When you stop to compare Invisalign and braces, you’ll notice that Invisalign is more convenient and offers comfort, flexibility, and beautiful results. With traditional braces, people tend to experience discomfort and great inconvenience. For more information, please visit our Invisalign page!