This spring season is extra special because things are re-opening and people are starting to come out from Covid-19 lockdown. This means vacation and wedding season is in full bloom and now is the time to show off your bright straight smile.
Unfortunately, everyone in NYC has been in quarantine for about a year and didn’t have access to orthodontic treatment such as teeth whitening, veneers, bonding, crowns, and dental implants. Now that life is gradually getting back to normal, orthodontic treatment is on the top of everyone’s priority list. Keep reading to find out which treatment will breathe life back into your beautiful smile.
Schedule an Appointment
Let’s face it, almost everyone was indulging in foods and drinks that stain teeth during the quarantine. If you were drinking coffee, tea, red wine, or smoking, your teeth are stained and in need of whitening treatment.
Zoom! Is one of the most popular choices for getting rid of quarantine stains. This innovative teeth whitening system simultaneously brightens all of your teeth and produces long-lasting results. It also whitens dental restorations such as crowns and veneers.
How Zoom! Works
A gel form of hydrogen peroxide at the perfect level is used during this in-demand teeth whitening treatment. A special light activates the gel and removes stains from the enamel without causing damage.
- It’s done in the safety of a dentist office
- Produces long-lasting results
- Brightens your smile including dental restorations
- Doesn’t damage tooth enamel
- Boosts self-esteem
- Minor tingling sensations
- Temporary discomfort
Bonding fixes gapped, cracked, chipped, and teeth that are unusually shaped by bonding or attaching resin to the surface of the natural tooth. Bonding is also an alternative choice for fillings.
How Bonding Works
The dentist chooses a shade of resin that matches the natural tooth then applies it to the surface of the tooth using a special light. Once the resin hardens the appearance of the tooth gets enhanced and takes on a natural appearance.
- Fast process
- Impressive results
- Fixes damaged teeth
- Creates a natural look
- It’s safe to use on your natural teeth
- Sometimes the resin separates from the tooth after long term use
- The procedure might need to be repeated in the future
Crowns are dental caps that cover damaged teeth and produce a natural appearance. Damage caused by teeth grinding, age, injuries, and decay is popular reasons crowns are used to enhance the natural look of a tooth.
How Crowns Work
Resin, porcelain, or metal materials are used to create dental crowns. During this procedure, the dentist reshapes the natural tooth to ensure the crown fits comfortably and securely.
- Restores the look of teeth
- Protects fragile teeth
- Secures a dental bridge
- Protects a tooth that had root canal treatment
- Some people are allergic to the material used to make the crown
- The crown can become loose
- An infection can develop if not cared for properly
Veneers enhance the appearance of misshapen, chipped, broken, and discolored teeth by placing porcelain or resin shells over the front of the tooth to create a symmetrical smile.
How Veneers Work
Veneers are custom shaped by the dentist to ensure it’s the right size for your mouth. Before the veneers are placed on the individual tooth, the natural tooth is shaved down to ensure proper placement and a secure attachment.
Veneers permanently fix the following dental issues:
- Gapped teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Broken teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Dark yellow or permanently stained teeth
- The procedure is irreversible
- They can become damaged or chipped
A dental implant is a substitution for a natural tooth. It has a natural appearance and allows you to chew your food just like a natural tooth. Implants are also an excellent alternative for bridges and dentures.
How Dental Implants Work
This procedure is conducted in stages over a period that is determined by the dentist. The first portion of the treatment involves a screw being placed into the jaw bone. Over time the jaw bone heals and holds the post in place. Once the treatment reaches this stage the dentist places a crown on the post. The result is a functional and natural-looking tooth.
- Reliable and durable
- Helps improve your ability to speak properly
- Feels comfortable and natural
- Improves your ability to chew and eat your favorite foods
- Lasts a long time
- Hyperplasia can develop
- The gums can begin to recede
- Loss of bone near the implant area
- An infection can develop
- Nerves can become damaged or injured