Do you want to straighten your teeth as fast as possible using Invisalign? You might be in a mad rush to reach your goal of a straight, beautiful smile, but is there a safe way you can speed up the process? Chances are you have already visited an orthodontist to confirm you are an ideal candidate to straighten your teeth using Invisalign. Now it’s time to learn how you can speed up the process to achieve maximum benefits as quickly as possible. Dr. Jacquie Smiles specializes in accelerated orthodontics treatments for her patients in NYC.
How long is the average Invisalign treatment?
The average Invisalign treatment time ranges from six months to one year. Sometimes its longer depending on your specific issues or setbacks during treatment. If you comply with your dentist’s recommendations and wear your Invisalign aligners 20-22 hours per day, you will see results with few months of starting your orthodontic treatment!
The following tips will help you speed up your Invisalign treatment:
- Brush your teeth – This tip might seem like a no brainer, but some patients get lazy and pop their Invisalign aligners into their mouth without brushing. Always brush your teeth and floss after every meal to remove food particles. Otherwise, bacteria can grow between your teeth and the aligners causing odor, tooth decay and gum infections which can delay progress with your treatment.
- Add attachments – Discuss adding attachments with your orthodontist. Keep in mind attachments for Invisalign are also referred to as buttons. These helpful attachments can be used to help move teeth into position at a faster pace.
- Take good care of your aligners – This might sound easier said than done. It’s vital that you take good care of your aligners by cleaning them regularly and always remove them from your mouth before eating. Avoid consuming hot beverages or chewing on the aligners. These actions can cause damage to your aligners which lead to ordering replacements and delaying your treatment process.
- Wear aligners for 22 hours per day – This is easy to do since the only reason you remove your aligners is to eat. Wearing your aligners less than 22 hours per day can slow down your treatment process. Make sure you stay dedicated to your treatment by wearing your aligners at least 22 hours per day or more. You can set daily reminders on your phone to remind you and help you stay on track.
- Use AcceleDent – Ask your orthodontist about the innovative system AcceleDent. The AcceleDent system distributes micro-pulses into teeth which stimulate blood flow and helps the jawbones remodel which can speed up treatment up to 50% in some cases. It allows you to change your aligners more frequently than originally intended and speeds up your treatment process.
- Talk to your Orthodontist – Discuss your desire to speed up your Invisalign treatment process with your orthodontist. Every patient has a unique situation, and some patients might not be ideal candidates for a faster process. Listening to your orthodontist and adhering to their advice will prevent discomfort, pain and produce the best results.
Dr. Jacquie Smiles and her entire team excel in providing high-quality accelerated orthodontics care in NYC to patients using Invisalign. You can achieve your best smile by getting started today!
SCHEDULE YOUR INVISALIGN APPOINTMENT
Contact us today for your no-obligation Invisalign appointment in NYC. You may also call Dr. Jacquie Smiles at 212-972-3522. Our office is conveniently located near 30 East 40th Street Park Avenue, New York, NY 10016.