Learn More About Zoom! Whitening
Teeth whitening is an easy and safe cosmetic procedure that can make a big difference in your smile. With whiter teeth, not only will your smile look healthier, but also you’ll want to show it off to the world with your new confidence. Read on to learn how Zoom! Whitening can enhance your smile:
Although the teeth are the hardest structure in the body, they are very porous and therefore can stain easily. Certain foods and drinks stain the teeth more easily, such as black tea, coffee, red wine, soda, or dark colored fruits and berries. The use of tobacco and certain medications can also cause the teeth to stain. For this reason, using a teeth whitening system, such as Zoom! Whitening is very beneficial.
Zoom! Whitening offers both in-office and take-home whitening options that you can receive from your dentist or orthodontist. The Zoom! system works through the application of a special gel, which is designed to break up the molecules that cause the stains on your teeth. It lightens the color of your tooth enamel by safely bleaching the tooth.
The in-office Zoom! option utilizes a special UV light that helps to accelerate the whitening process, so you can achieve a smile that’s up to eight shades whiter over the course of one hour. If you choose the take-home Zoom! system, you can lighten your teeth by up to six shades over the course of three nights by wearing the special bleaching trays to bed. If you would like to achieve an even whiter smile, you may safely receive multiple treatments with the Zoom! system to enhance your results until you are satisfied.
Straight, healthy teeth are the foundation of a confident smile and whitening can help you love your smile even more. For a whiter more confident smile ask us about your Zoom! Whitening options!
For more information, visit our page on Zoom! Whitening.
The Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment for NYC Patients
The benefits of improving smiles for NYC patients are more than just cosmetic. When you are a professional living in a busy, fast paced city and don’t feel good about the appearance of your smile, your self-esteem may suffer. Your not-so-perfect smile can hold you back both personally and professionally. Orthodontic treatment can help you to boost your self-confidence, as well as correct any dental issues that are compromising your oral health. Here are a few ways seeing an orthodontist can benefit you:
- Boost your self-confidence. Orthodontic treatment can help you to improve misaligned teeth and treat dental problems such as, crowded teeth, overbite or underbite, and crossbite. By straightening your teeth or realigning your bite orthodontic treatment can help improve the appearance of your smile immensely. In turn, your confidence is bound to improve with your treatment. By fixing your dental problems, an orthodontist can help you feel better about showing off your smile!
- Improve your oral health. When the teeth are misaligned or crowded it can be harder to properly clean them. With misaligned teeth, it’s easier for food to get stuck in places that you can’t reach by flossing or brushing. The trapped food particles then encourage the growth of plaque, which can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. After orthodontic treatment you’ll be able to brush and floss your teeth more effectively, which will help to greatly improve your oral health.
- Resolve speech and chewing impediments. If you have poorly spaced teeth, or a bite that is off, you may struggle with speaking and chewing properly. Your orthodontist can help to improve the spacing of your teeth as well as treat any bite issues. Once your orthodontist has corrected your dental issue, you may find it easier to speak more clearly and chew food evenly.
An orthodontist can make your smile look great, but it’s important to remember that orthodontic treatments provide benefits beyond just a beautiful smile. To learn more about the benefits of orthodontic treatment for you, visit our page on Orthodontics.
Meet Dr. Jacquie Smiles
Dr. Jacquie Smiles, also known to her patience as Dr. Jacqueline Fulop-Goodling, D.M.D., P.C., started her career in orthodontics/dentistry at Boston University and after graduation became the first female and youngest Director of B.U.’s Predoctoral Orthodontic Department. She is now part of the Invisalign prestigious faculty department, this means she is among one of the most experienced Invisalign providers in the world.
Schedule Your Consultation
Schedule your no-obligation orthodontic consultation with Dr. Jacquie Smiles near Midtown Manhattan at her office located near 30 East 40th St, New York, NY 10016. Please call us at 212-972-3522 or fill out the contact form to receive additional information about the benefits of orthodontic treatments for NYC patients.
Invisalign: Facts, Numbers & Figures [Infographic]
Dr. Jacqueline Fulop-Goodling, D.M.D., P.C. (aka Dr. Jacquie Smiles) recently released an infographic that discusses the facts, numbers, and figures of Invisalign. As a highly experienced Orthodontist in NYC, she is a member of The National Speaker’s Bureau and is an Invisalign Super Elite Provider, reserved for the top 1% of doctors in North America. Her goal is to help patients feel better about themselves by improving their health, occlusion, and dental esthetics.
Approximately 20% of the population does not have an ideal bite. According to the infographic, Invisalign straightens teeth by correcting crowding, spacing, overbite, under bite, and a deep bite. Please check out some interesting statistics related to Invisalign and click on the thumbnail to view the full image.
Invisalign: Facts, Numbers & Figures
- Invisalign straightens teeth by correcting crowding, spacing, overbite, under bite & deep bite
- Braces are no longer just for kids – 1 in 5 orthodontic patients is over the age of eighteen
- Just 35% of adults have well-aligned front teeth
- About 20% of the population does not have an ideal bite
- Egyptians used crude metal bands to straighten teeth instead of wires
- Invisalign was originally developed in 1997 by two Stanford University graduates
- Invisalign was first sold to US orthodontists in 1999
- Invisalign average cost is $5,000
- Insurance covers an average of $500-$1,500
- Invisalign is offered in more than 45 countries, and is treating over 2.5 million patients
- Invisalign has over 96% patient satisfaction rate
- The average treatment time with Invisalign is just 1 year
- Invisalign aligners are made from medical grade polyurethane resins, and are BPA free
- Invisalign retainers need to be worn for 22 hours each day, but they can be left out for special occasions
Benefits of Invisalign:
- Healthier Gums
- Virtually invisible
- Easier cleaning
- Decreased risk of abnormal wear
- Less dental visits compared to traditional wire braces
Celebrities who have straightened their smiles with Invisalign include:
- Oprah Winfrey
- Tom Cruise
- Katherine Heigl
- Eva Longoria
- Gisele Bundchen
- Serena Williams
- Justin Bieber
- Khloe Kardashian
Dr. Jacquie was in the first group of 25 members of orthodontists ever certified with Invisalign’s prestigious Faculty group. Out of 55,000 doctors doing invisalign, there are only 25 faculty members. Since 2005, Dr. Jacquie was asked to be Invisalign’s National Spokesperson for a hygiene campaign and in 2009 became the Spokesperson for Invisalign Teen, launching it on the Tyra Bank’s show for the company.
Infographic provided by:
Dr. Jacqueline Fulop-Goodling, D.M.D. PC
Please share and embed this infographic on your website or social profiles. Simply copy and paste the code below.
The 5 Benefits of Professional Tooth Whitening
The smile is the first thing people notice about others. Sometimes, it can even leave a lasting impression. Whether you’re on a first date, job interview, or sales meeting, your smile is of significant importance. If you’re unsatisfied with the condition of your teeth, your orthodontist may offer in-office or at-home whitening treatments to enhance your smile. Continue reading to learn more about the benefits of a professional tooth whitening treatment with your dental professional:
- Incomparable whitening capabilities. Professional tooth whitening treatments can significantly improve the color of your teeth. Unlike whitening toothpastes, or mouthwashes that contain whitening agents, it treats more than just the surface layer of your teeth. Professional whitening penetrates the deepest layers of your teeth to remove severe tooth stains. These stains can include those caused by consuming dark-colored foods and drinks (such as coffee and black tea), taking certain medications, previous dental restorations and large fillings, and fluoridation.
- Long lasting results. In addition to providing a significantly whiter smile, than is usually attainable with over-the-counter whitening products, professional tooth whitening offers longer-lasting results. You can attain a whiter, healthier looking smile that lasts by getting Zoom! Whitening, or another professional whitening treatment done by your orthodontist. Individuals, who are treated with Zoom! Whitening, are able to whiten their teeth by up to eight shades in a single session. For those who have professional whitening done with custom trays, results are typically seen within in a few days.
- Less sensitivity. Over-the-counter whitening toothpastes, strips, and bleaching kits use harsh chemicals and abrasives to whiten your teeth. This can lead to tooth and gum sensitivity when your teeth are exposed to heat or cold. Professional tooth whitening, however, decreases the risk of sensitivity that is associated with at-home treatments.
- Convenience. If you’re in need of a dental procedure, such as a filling, dental implant, bridge, etc. (where the color is matched to your existing teeth color), professional whitening before hand can give you the opportunity for a white smile after your dental procedure. If your not happy with the color of your teeth, simply have professional whitening done before your procedure. This way, the affected tooth may be matched to your newly whitened teeth! Convenient, right?
- Increased confidence. When your teeth are beautifully white, you smile a little wider. It’s true; people tend to have more confidence when their smile is healthy and white. With professional tooth whitening, you can experience a boost in confidence. Just the kind of boost to help you out on your next date, job interview, or sales meeting! Well, insert any moment of your choice, and we bet you’ll be smiling with confidence.
For more information, visit our page on Professional Tooth Whitening!
5 Reasons Invisalign is Better than Braces
The first thing people notice is your smile—not your eyes or face. In fact, statistics show that 94% of people say the first thing they notice about a person is their smile. With that being said, it can be frustrating to have misaligned, or out of place, teeth. If your teeth are not straight there are a few solutions, including Invisalign or traditional metal braces. Although they both accomplish the same thing – straight teeth – Invisalign does have its advantages. Katherine Heigl opted for Invisalign aligners, and look at the beautiful results she achieved! Read on for five reasons why Invisalign is the best choice to straighten your teeth:
- Out of sight, out of mind. The greatest benefit of using Invisalign to straighten your teeth is that it’s practically invisible. You can enjoy your daily activities without anyone knowing that you are wearing Invisalign aligners. Conversely, braces are visible and obvious to anyone you interact with. If you’re in a profession where keeping appearances is important, Invisalign is an excellent solution. After all, it has been proven that a person’s smile can adversely affect their job opportunity scope. With Invisalign, you can straighten your teeth and no one will have to know!
- Good oral hygiene is part of a healthy smile. Since your customized Invisalign aligners are removable, you don’t have to worry about food getting caught. This makes it easier to practice good oral hygiene. With traditional braces, it can be difficult to brush and floss your teeth. Also, food is more likely to get caught around the wires and brackets, which can lead to a more tedious tooth cleaning routine. Invisalign is very desirable because you don’t have to make a drastic change to your oral hygiene routine as you do for braces.
- Comfort comes first. Invisalign is customized to your teeth, making it a perfect fit for you. Additionally, it’s made out of a smooth plastic material that is very comfortable against your gums and teeth. Since you’re given multiple trays, to adapt to the gradual movement of your teeth, there is minimal discomfort. With each tray, Invisalign causes very small movements. You won’t have to worry about cuts on your gums, cheeks, or tongue like with braces.
- Eat what you want, within reason. The best part about Invisalign is you can continue to eat all of the foods you love. Traditional metal braces are not as accommodative as Invisalign. With braces, there are many foods that you should avoid because of the wires and brackets. With Invisalign you can enjoy eating all of your favorite foods, which are healthy for your teeth of course!
- Treat various orthodontic issues. One of the most important aspects of Invisalign is its ability to treat a wide array of orthodontic problems, including crowding, spacing, cross bite, overbite, and under bite. Not to mention, you can remove your Invisalign aligners at any time. Go ahead and try that with braces!
Although the results appear the same on the surface – straight teeth – Invisalign does offer multiple benefits. When you stop to compare Invisalign and braces, you’ll notice that Invisalign is more convenient and offers comfort, flexibility, and beautiful results. With traditional braces, people tend to experience discomfort and great inconvenience. For more information, please visit our Invisalign page!