Why Invisalign Can Enhance Your Overall Dental Health
Believe it or not, having straight teeth extends beyond having a great looking smile. According to the American Dental Association, straightening your teeth can significantly impact your overall dental health. It turns out that the use of Invisalign and reducing the risk for tooth decay and gum disease has more in common than you think. Read on for reasons why Invisalign can improve your dental health immensely:
- Get healthier teeth and gums. If your teeth are crowded, or too widely spaced, you may experience swollen, red gums. This is an indication of periodontal disease! With properly aligned teeth, the gums fit more snug around the teeth, which is a form of defense from periodontal problems. Invisalign fits comfortably in the mouth, gradually moving teeth into the proper place.
- Clean your teeth with ease. With braces, it can be challenging to remove food residue from between the wires and brackets. This can lead to plaque and tooth decay. Invisalign is removable, making it easy to clean the teeth properly and effectively.
- Enhance your overall health. Healthy teeth lead to a healthy body. As mentioned, straight teeth protect the teeth from periodontal problems, and the easy removal of Invisalign makes practicing good oral hygiene far easier than with braces. This is significant considering oral infections can lead to more serious conditions, such as heart disease and diabetes. Invisalign is a gateway to being in good overall health.
Having straight teeth prevents dental infections and therefore the development of any dental diseases. With Invisalign, cleaning your teeth is easier than ever, which helps to prevent any plaque and tooth decay. Most importantly, your dental health is correlated with your overall health. Without proper dental care you are putting yourself at risk for dental complications, and worse overall health conditions.
For more information, please visit our Invisalign page and schedule a consultation with Dr. Jacquie Smiles today!
Teeth Whitening for Summer Time
The sunshine and warm weather has finally arrived. It is summer time in New York, everyone wants to shed those winter blues and start smiling more as they enjoy fun in the sun. Brighten up your smile today by whitening your teeth. There are a variety of ways to whiten your teeth such as Zoom whitening, laser, in-office procedures and at home professional treatments. Each treatment has its own unique procedure and results.
- Zoom In-Office Whitening – Restore your teeth to their natural color with this professional service. Relax and sit back while professionals prepare you for your Zoom whitening experience. During this procedure your eyes, gums and lips will be covered and protected. A special gel that is made of 25% hydrogen peroxide will be carefully applied to your teeth while a UV light will activate the gel to provide whiter and brighter teeth. This procedure usually consists of three 15-minute UV light sessions during one appointment. During each of the three sessions, the old gel is removed from the teeth and replaced with fresh new gel. Benefits from this service include instant results that restore your teeth to their natural color and experts conducting this safe procedure.
- Zoom Take-Home Whitening System – Your dentist will begin by fitting you for customized trays that are a perfect fit for you. This revolutionary system allows you to do the procedure yourself, which allows busy people to easily fit the procedure into their daily schedules. Your dentist will provide you with your custom trays and a specialized patent-pending gel. Apply the gel to the trays using a unique syringe and wear the trays four to eight hours per day or night. Benefits from using this method of teeth whitening include convenience, privacy and quick results, usually within three days.
- In-Office Bleaching Method – This is a great option for those who have special occasions to attend and prefer a quick solution to whitening their teeth. The bleaching agent can range from mild to strong in its ability to whiten. Those who have dark yellow stains will prefer the stronger agent. During this procedure the special formulated agent is carefully and precisely painted onto your teeth by a professional. The agent is then activated by the use of plasma light. This technique highly benefits those who don’t like teeth whitening trays.
- AT-Home Bleach Treatment Using Customized Trays – This procedure is a great choice for those who have sensitive teeth. Your dentist will take impressions and create customized trays that fit you comfortably. Bleaching agent comes in a variety of strengths and flavors. Your dentist will provide the bleaching agent that is best suited to your needs. Benefits for using this unique teeth whitening technique include the convenience of conducting this teeth whitening procedure in the privacy of your own home with fast results. Your dentist will give you directions to follow, which usually include filling the customized trays with bleaching agent and placing the tray in your mouth for a specific time frame. Results usually begin to appear after about three days.
Discuss these teeth whitening options with your dentist today. Choose the best option for you. In-office procedures tend to be quicker, some even being completed within one hour. At-home procedures can take a few days to a few weeks, depending on the level of whiteness each individual prefers. Whether you choose At-home or In-office procedures, you are sure to get the teeth whitening results you desire for the summer and beyond.