Teen years can be a daunting time for many as the transition from being an adolescent to an adult begins. Teenagers spend a great deal of time looking at themselves and dissecting every part of their face and body. During these years, many teenagers feel extremely self-conscious about their looks due to the enormous pressure to fit in with their peers, as they try to measure up to the images of “what they should look like”, which they are constantly fed on a regular basis through social media.
A person’s smile is a significant focal point on their face and when a teenager is informed that they may need braces, most are not very happy about it. Often times, the excitement of eventually having the smile of their dreams is overshadowed with thoughts of how “ugly” all of the metal will look in their mouth for all of their milestone memories, leaving them even more self-conscious than before.
Thanks to modern technology, virtually invisible braces, a.k.a. Invisalign, allows your teenager to straighten their teeth without all of the metal, wires and brackets, which will leave them feeling confident in their day to day activities and interactions with others.
Invisalign is a series of custom made aligners that gradually move your teeth into their proper placement leaving your teenager with the perfect smile. There are multiple benefits in choosing Invisalign over traditional braces for your teenager:
- They are virtually invisible – Invisalign consists of clear aligners that fit into your mouth, just as teeth whitening trays would, making them essentially undetectable to others. No more hiding a smile out of embarrassment!
- They are removable– No more having to worry over what your teenager can and cannot eat because of the wire and brackets in their mouth. Invisalign can be removed any time you wish to eat! Don’t be discouraged that your teen will forget to wear these aligners… there is an indiscreet wear indicator in the back of the aligner that allows the orthodontist to closely monitor that the Invisalign is being worn as instructed.
- No more stains– Over the time period of having orthodontic treatment, many patients are left with stains on their teeth once the braces are removed. This often times leaves many patients unsatisfied with their final results. Invisalign eliminates any issues of stained teeth leaving you with your desired smile immediately after the series is done.
- Improved Oral Hygiene– Invisalign’s removable trays allow brushing and flossing to be done more efficiently to remove all plaque and build up resulting in better oral hygiene and fresher breath.
- No more frequent in office adjustments– Without metal or wires, there is less irritation and pain to the mouth, as well as less time having to be spent sitting in the orthodontist’s chair. Because your teen’s treatment is measured by your orthodontist at the start of theInvisalign process, you are conveniently able to be in the office every 60-90 days, instead of monthly visits for wire adjustments.
For more information on Invisalign, please visit expert and celebrity orthodontist, drjacquiesmiles.com for a consultation at any of her four locations throughout the tri-state area.