Teeth. We all have them, but how much do we really know about them? We know how important it is to take care of them because, c’mon, who doesn’t want that million dollar smile, BUT are we really going about it the right way?
To make sure we’ve got everything down pat and that we’re taking perfect care of our pearly whites, there’s some facts about them you probably should know… but most likely haven’t heard before. Don’t worry though, you’re not alone — here are the top five random facts about teeth:
- Dentists recommend brushing your teeth for two minutes, however the average person does it for just 48 seconds. YIKES!
- Your teeth are just as unique as your fingerprint in the sense that no two people have the same set of teeth — not even identical twins!
- While babies don’t begin to show teeth until they are between six and twelve months old, teeth actually start to form even before they’re born! Yup, milk teeth, or baby teeth, start to form when a baby is in the womb.
- There are many different types of teeth which all serve different purposes. Did you know that humans alone have four different types of teeth? There’s incisors, canines, premolars, and molars — which are used to cut, tear, and grind food.
- Unlike the bones and tissue in our bodies, our teeth are incapable of self-repair. This explains why fillings and other dental work is SO important — they’re needed to protect our teeth from further damage — and why you should go pay Dr. Jacquie a visit today!
The offices of Dr. Jacquie Smiles caters to children, teens and adults. They offer both open area and private room settings depending on which location you visit.
Dr. Jacquie Smiles has a plethora of specialties in the general dental and orthodontic fields, including but not limited to:
- Invisalign Teen
- Traditional Silver Braces
- Ceramic (Clear) Braces
- Accelerated Orthodontics (Acceledent)
- Full Mouth X-rays
No matter which location you visit — Midtown Manhattan, Hudson Valley, Woodbury, or Englewood Cliffs — you can count on having a luxurious experience with the latest in dental technology, specifically with the iTero scanner, 3d digital imaging and non-spatter radiation x-ray units.
For full article on The Insider List click here…